My scented candle making process
Here it is, in condensed form:
- Fill up the ziploc container with wax flakes
- Microwave at 100% for 2 minutes
- Add a few more flakes, but don’t fill it up all the way
- Microwave again at 100% for 2 minutes
- Take the temperature
- Microwave at 100% in 30-second increments until temperature reaches 185 F
- Let i cool to about 120 F
- Add whatever the essential oils you want. Haven't figured out exactly how much. I guess that also depends on how strong they are.
- Thread the wick, put it in the glass
- Pour a little bit of wax, just enough to cover the wick base
- Wait for it to set a bit
- Use a chopstick or something to move the wick base to the center and hold it down
- Wait for wax to cool down to 110 - 115 F
- Pour in the rest of the wax, leave enough space so it won’t overflow
- Wrap the wick around a pencil, attach it with a rubber band, to hold it up
- Let it cool at room temperature for about 24 hours
That's it. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and you can make them exactly how you want them.
You can also add dye, but I'm fine with white, at least for now.