I’ve been sampling various magazines recently and wanted to share my experience, and gather yours.
Here’s what I’ve tried:
- Fast Company: The lastest issue was fantastic. I loved the behind-the-scenes articles on Al Gore, on the $15B bottled water industry, and a few other features. I’ve subscribed to this.
- Inc.: I don’t have a recent issue, but I’ve bought a handful in the past. I recall finding it both useful and readable.
- Entrepreneur: This I’m not so sure about. I’ve bought copies in the past, but I’ve always found it a bit boring, I’ve found myself gravitating towards other reading materials instead.
- Business 2.0: I’ve only ever bought one issue of this one, back in the fall, and I was very positively surprised. What I remember was an interesting brief interview with Richard Branson, and the cover story on best business ideas was good, too. I might want to subscribe to this.
- Scientific American: I bought the July issue for the cover story on memory, and it does have some interesting articles on global warming and cancer as well, but I don’t have the patience for it.
- Wired This has felt more like a hit-or-miss experience. Sometimes it’ll be great, but mostly it’s just not terribly relevant. However, this is the only magazine on this list stocked by my local magazinemonger.
What are you reading? Are you reading something that I haven’t considered? What’s your favorite?