The voices in my head that hold me back
Here's an incomplete list of the voices in my head that come up when I want to do or create or say something:
- That's not really important or necessary
- It's a dumb idea anyway
- It's naff, people are going to laugh at you
- Who do you think you are?
- You don't know enough about that
- There's something important that you don't know that makes everything you believe wrong
- There's no market for that
- You suck at selling anything
- You have no sense of what people want
- People don't want to be around you, you're disgusting and insecure. Please just stay away.
- You talk too much about yourself.
- People have no interest in what you have to say
- You're not interesting
- You're too much
- Your sense of humor is not funny
- People are tired of you
- Shouldn't you rather …
- pay off your debt
- study some more
- work harder
- take more responsibility for your kids
- get your shit together
- Are you serious?? Now you've just proven yourself as being insane/untrustworthy/idiotic and no-one will never ever trust you again or have anything to do with you again
- You have no right to do/say that
Recognize any? What are yours?